Eily grew out of his blue pair and Gabe gladly accepted the hand-me-downs. I’m hoping we now have the full range from baby to largest kid’s size.
A blue pair for Eily!
And finally the pattern is finished.
Every so often i go on a slipper bender, making several in a row and tweaking earlier patterns.
These are both sheepskin lined, one for infants and a new size of the crocheted uppers and leather/sheepskin soles. What’s most exciting is that I’ve begun working on a pattern for these, in adult and children’s sizes.
We are at stage two of working this slipper design, using 1/2″ inch strips cut from wool sweaters unstead of roving. Thus, an entirely recycled affair.
The cut wool prior to crocheting:
Gabe sampling the single one:
And Gabe unimpressed with the dirt that wound its way in his diaper. Nothing to do with wool or slippers. Nor recycling for that matter.
One foot completed of a trial pair of short slippers from strips of leftover cashmere and merino wool. I’ve only used wool roving so far. I plan to make some in this style as well and likewise line them with sheepskin. Expect more colour for the next ones since i’ll be using smaller scraps.
So I’ve cut hearts out of them and Eily is having fun making garland.