Once i began to sew it, i realized it was too dark to really show off the smocking. Also, the instructions state that the smocking takes up the fabric width-wise at a ratio of 2:1 but i feel that’s much too generous. What’s more, the smocking gives the waist some elasticity even though i used embroidery thread and not elasticized thread. I tried resizing it it four times before concluding that i will never be able to give the skirt a more defined waistline.
Before making it, I had already worried i would not have a proper shirt to wear with it because of its high rise and the fact it’s meant to be shown off. Now that it’s done and i wasn’t able to give it the definition it deserves, i find it even harder. I still love the fabric but sadly, i might have to rethink the design.