Designed by a Japanese pattern maker living in Amsterdam, i originally found her work when i came across another of her patterns (also for a jacket, also in the works). I saw this one and fell in love and decided to make it first. I love the bomber style. I love it in wool.
Though i found lining for the sleeves in my stash, i had to buy more for the rest of it. The teal ribbing is from Nature’s Fabric (it was a toss up between that and olive). The fabric for the shell was in my stash of vintage blankets but not heavy enough (and far too lovely) to convert into a wool mattress pad. I had some serious work to do cutting out the pattern (and making sure all the pieces were correctly orientated) around all the moth holes. The picture below shows the holes marked with painter’s tape.
I hyped myself up for the zipper work but the pockets were no big deal and this was the first separating zipper i’ve put in without having to redo once or twice.
The fit is fabulous right off the bat. The only modifications i made were to shorten the back collar facing and the collar ribbing. The body and sleeve length are impeccable. Living in Amsterdam, she must know my type.
Now i have to wait three months to properly wear it.